Blog Bowman

Google

Monday, September 26, 2005

My So Called Life....

Well, since my last posting a lot has happened. First, my surgery has been completed. But not without any drama. I tried to get my old insurance reinstated, but that would have pushed my surgery date back since the new insurance didn't include the doctor or hospital that I was seeing. So, surgery was good. The doc didn't even cut me, he put the pins in and used wires to fix the break. I've had no pain and haven't even touched my pain pills. I also still have no medical insurance.

On Friday, my girlfriend and I went to dinner at TGI Fridays and I lost my wallet. Thankfully, I only had a few dollars in it. However, I lost my license, bank card, credit cards, school i.d. and other importaint swipe cards that are essential.

Saturday came and I got the very pricey hospital bill from last week. You know that just added complete joy to my day!!

I also recieved a letter from this guys insurance agency whom I'd had a fender bender with in July. We were both backing up and hit each other. The insurance company said that we were both at fault. I went ahead and paid my deductable and got my car fixed, thinking the case was closed. Well, Saturday things changed. This man must of lied to his insurance company and they sent me this letter stating that I needed to pay for his damage and that if I didn't contact them within 21 days that they were going to sue me. Wonderful.

So ,today, things are finally starting to look up a little. I went to cancel all my credit cards and get a new license, which was cheaper then I thought it was going to be. Then I went to State Farm, my insurance, and talked to them about this whole accident thing. They assured me that they were going to re-open my case, which I had a witness, and they were going to get a lawyer to represent me. They said that things were looking good on my side.

Hopefully in the up comming days things will take a turn for the better. Until then, I'm just thankful that my troubles are nothing compared to those who fell short of Hurricane Katrina.

5 Comments:

  • WHEN THINGS ARE GOING BAD...THINK OF THE FUTURE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 PM  

  • hey bowman dont worry things can only get better for ya--and graduation is right around the corner with your BIG party as well so try to think about all the fun times that are ahead. hope your week gets better and the RAVENS kick some ass the wkend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM  

  • Glad your surgery is over! i am better on the phone Kev but you get your walet back ?

    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

  • Damn, I hope things are looking up soon! It's always terrible to see bad things happen to good people.

    I'd tell that other guy's insurance company to eat $hit. It's good that State Farm is going to get your back on this. If they're like Geico, the rate hike that always happens after they have to pay out is determined by what happened, not by how much it cost. Our big accident cost Geico about $15-16 K all told, but they only raised the insurance $10 a month, since it was a technicality that it was our fault. And they fought for a while before they went ahead and paid out to the other jerk.

    If you are still angry about this a$$hole next time I'm in town, we can pay him a visit. We can use grease pencils to write all over his car windows. It wipes off (wouldn't cause any actual damage), but it would still be really funny!

    By Blogger Pragmatik, at 12:56 PM  

  • thanks for not showing me the nasty wrist at work. Ewww.

    By Blogger Brother Kojak, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home