Blog Bowman

Google

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Are Gas Stations Gouging?

This is ridiculous! Gas stations are gouging gas prices since everyone is in a panic from Katrina. Katrina shouldn't even effect Maryland gas situation because there are plenty of local refineries to give us an adequet supply. Thursday afternoon I went to school and saw that gas prices when up from $2.60 to $2.99--okay, that caught my eye. By the time I came home from school, gas prices had jump from $2.99 to $3.54. So, I went and bought gas out of fear that I would have paid a higher price. I pulled in the cheapest gas station to fill up my Tiburon with a half tank already in it and it cost me $24. That might not seem like much but remember I only got a half of a tank. Therefore, a full tank would cost me roughly $48 and that is a hefty pay out from commuting college student. When will the government step in and say, "Okay, you guys are definitely gouging these prices to make extra off of a national diaster." How long will the price war over gas continue to climb the ladder while we have other local refineries to give us plenty of gas? How long?

2 Comments:

  • I think they did it because of Labor Day weekend and all of the trips people are going to take. But I think that less people will travel now.

    I'm waiting for Bushy Bush to declare war in Katrina now.

    By Blogger Pragmatik, at 6:42 PM  

  • Did you know that it is cheaper to heat your house with propane than it is to run your car with gasoline? Although, everyone is freakin out over these damn gas prices what are going to do besides complain? Not go to work or pay our bills? Reguardless of the prices, although they are decreasing here and there by 3-5 cents we cant be stuck in our cribs all day--the only thing we can do is cut out our driving to the bars, malls, and other activies that arent per say needed in away. MJA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home